- Thanksgiving with the fam
- Martina McBride concert with my mama and my sister
- Black Friday Shopping
- Christmas--my favorite holiday because of the time we get to spend with our family and friends. Love it.
- Christmas break.....time away from work to enjoy with my family
- New Years! (That's about all)
- Valentine's Day
- Destiny rocked out the Talent Show at school (sorry, you'll have to turn your head to see)
- My sweet hubby finally got a teaching job in Hall County. He is now teaching 4th grade at Tadmore Elementary. I couldn't be anymore proud of him than I already am. He has worked so hard for this moment and he has always been the perfect example of perseverance. He should be the poster child for the phrase "Never Give Up" and he walks in the truth of God's faithfulness.
- And lastly, Easter with my family. Can I just tell you how much I love spending time with my loving, precious, caring,
somewhat crazy,fun family? Cause I do! Here are just a few pics and if you look close enough you are liable to see some of the crazy...errrr...fun shining through!
|The Whole Family|
|My precious family|
WOW! Here we are at the 2nd week of April already. I would be perfectly happy with time slowing down a little. Right now it is Sunday night at the end of our Spring Break. We had an absolutely WONDERFUL trip for break to Orlando, Florida to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. My daredevil 9 year old is now obsessed with roller coasters. It was quite humorous to see 12 and 13 year old kids getting scared and getting out of line for a coaster when my barely tall enough 9 year old diva is giggling with excitement. Did I mention she got me on a 90 degree incline coaster not once but twice? And she got me on a free fall ride that scared the crap out of me but that she absolutely loved, not once, not twice, but three times. Yes. Call me crazy but those memories will last forever! Here are just a few of our pics from the trip:
|In Seuss Landing with the truffula trees|
|Ready to rock the roller coasters....day 1|
|Dinner dates....can you tell who she gets her "crazy" from? LOL!|
On the weight loss front, there is not a lot to report. Still hovering between 197 and 200. Hey, at least I'm not gaining. And I keep telling myself that it's not about a number on a scale. It's about how good I feel and the energy that I have. It's about not being self conscious at the theme parks for three days that I might not fit into the seats on the rides. Actually everything was quite comfortable. Life is good. I am healthy, and I am not just a number on a scale. Don't get me wrong: I am not finished. This journey is a daily struggle but I got this. I have figured out it is all in moderation. The only thing that has not been in moderation for me lately is exercise. Who the mess goes running or even walking outside in 30 and 40 degree weather? Not this chick! Now that the weather is getting warmer though, I am pushing myself to get back to "wogging". I am doing the Color Run in September with some great friends so I have to make sure I am ready for that!
I guess that brings us up to speed. All in all, life is good. I am blessed! Far beyond what I deserve!