Thursday, November 15, 2012

I did it....I really did!

Photo: Lets do this thing! Woo hoo!




So this week has been a great week. Last Sunday night was my first official 5K.....holy freakin' cow! That thing was HARD! I didn't think we were ever going to finish and if I had had to go up any more hills I probably would have just sat down to cry. LOL! Seriously though, I did not "have fun" but I can say that I am very glad to be able to say I did it. I went into the 5K with three goals in mind.....just finish, don't finish last, and finish in under an hour. I am proud to say that I completed all 3 of my goals. My sweet friend, Krystal Parker helped to cheer me on and wouldn't let me quit even when I wanted to. Here are the stats from my trip. My actual race time was 51:39. I forgot to stop my timer when I finished. 

Distance 3.30 mi
Duration Duration pause 00:52:11 00:00:02
Average Pace 09:48 min/km
Average Speed 6.11 km/h
Calories 285 kcal
Elevation (gain/loss) 109 m / 109 m

Here are a few pics of the day!

My sweet friend Krystal and I

Photo: Before the race.  So anxious at this point.
Bib on, phone in armband, stomach anxious, ready to go!      



Krystal, Kaye and I


After the race.....sweaty and in pain but joyful at finishing!

This week has brought a peace beyond all understanding and a little boost of self-confidence. With the scale sitting at 197, I am confident that I am headed in the right directions. I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment